Glass disc insulators are frequently used insulator products in power systems. This article introduces the advantages and disadvantages of glass disc insulators.
1. Compared with ceramic materials, glass disc insulator has a high dielectric strength.
2. The resistivity of glass disc insulator is very high, and it has a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
3. Compared with porcelain insulators, it has higher tensile strength.
4. Because it is transparent, it will not be heated in the sun like porcelain.
5. Because of its transparency, impurities and bubbles can be easily detected in the glass disc insulator.
6. It has a very long service life, because the mechanical and electrical functions of the glass are not affected by aging.
7. Compared with insulators of other materials, the relative price of glass materials is more favorable.
1. Moisture is easy to condense on the glass surface, so air dust will be deposited on the wedge-shaped glass surface, which will provide a way for the leakage current of the system.
2. For higher voltages, glass cannot be cast into irregular shapes, because the irregular cooling causes internal cooling and internal strain.
Glass disc insulators have their unique characteristics and play a significant role in electric lighting systems. Fujian Ruisen New Materials Co., Ltd. produces and sells all kinds of insulators. If you have any needs, you can contact us for communication at any time.