A functional insulator coating to protect insulators in pollution area, such as industrial area, coastal area and other extreme environmental conditions, also can be used in normal environmental conditions.
RTV-II/ PRTV is a one part and new type Room Temperature Vulcanizing (RTV) silicone rubber coating, also be referred to as High Voltage Insulator Coatings (HVICs) is based on extensive research and development work that lead to upgrade the RTV coating.
Our RTV-II silicone rubber coatings work on the principle of providing a hydrophobic surface limiting the leakage current to harmless levels in the presence of moisture and contamination, reduction of pollution related flashover risk and a long service life. To prevent pollution flashover, to avoid power outage and protect electrical power equipment.
The advantages of Enhanced Anti-pollution Flashover Coating RTV-II:
1. Ready-to-use without adding solvent to make thinning or excessive mixing/shanking before use. Easy to use in different conditions.
2. Excellent self-cleaning and long-term resistance to weathering and a wide variety of pollution environments.
3. Long-term hydrophobicity, Suppression of leakage current, discharges and pollution flashover.
4. Reduced maintenance expenditures and revenue losses, easy to maintain as in washing, compared to conventional insulator surfaces.
5. Facilitated cleaning in case of extreme pollution deposition (e.g. cement); even most difficult pollutants can be wiped off by cloth.
6. Strong adhesion to the insulator surface, withstand high pressure.
7. The service life is longer than normal RTV coating, at least 15 years in most service conditions. Stable operation, long-lasting performance.
8. Nontoxic and environmental friendly material.
Application Scope of RTV Silicone Coating for Insulator:
1. RTV-II is ideal Suited for use on both new & old insulators of transmission line and substation, different kind of bushings in substation. Can be used, unprimed, on a variety of insulator substrates including glass, porcelain, HTV silicone and composite insulators.
2. Further suitable as a refresh coating over old RTV coatings provided the old RTV coatings is properly cleaned and still displays strong adhesion to the insulator surface.
3. Can be used in a wide variety of pollution environments including, but not limited to, salt spray, salt fog, industrial (cement dust, fly ash, carbon black, acid emissions, etc.) and desert sand.
4. Designed for use in AC and DC systems, in substations of all voltage levels and on transmission lines under all voltage conditions ranging from low distribution voltages to very high transmission voltages, Rail way, Switchgear etc.
5. Our RTV-II Silicone Rubber Coating can effectively protect ceramic insulator, glass insulator, long rod insulator, CT, PT, bushing, circuit breaker, Hollow porcelain insulator, porcelain surge arrest, switchgear cabinet, Transformer insulator and other outdoor electrical equipment.