The zinc cold epoxy paint and the zinc rich epoxy primer are two kinds of very different materials in terms of process, technology and economy.
1. Corrosion resistance performance test: The zinc rich primer paint is resistant to salt spray for 600 hours (HG/ 3668); while the zinc cold epoxy paint is resistant to salt spray for more than 3,000 hours.
2. Moisture and heat resistance: The zinc rich primer paint is generally resistant to moist and heat, and cannot be exposed to the outdoor environment in a single layer; while the cold spray zinc has excellent heat and moisture resistance.
3. Cathodic protection performance: The system of zinc rich primer paint is mainly based on barrier protection with cathodic protection and rapid corrosion at partial damage; while the system of zinc cold epoxy paint has good cathodic protection performance and can effectively avoid crevice corrosion and partial damage.
4. Maintenance cycle: The maintenance cycle of zinc rich primer paint
system is about 5 to 7 years, and about 1 to 2 years for partial improper pretreatment or poor construction; while the maintenance cycle of zinc cold epoxy paint system has good cathodic protection ability for more than 15 years.
5. Difficulties of construction: The system of zinc rich primer paint is moderately difficult to construct and requires high of the pretreatment and construction environmental conditions. Otherwise, cracking and peeling are likely to occur; while the system of zinc cold epoxy paint is easy to construct, and it can be convenient to construct at the factory and on site. The requirements for construction are general.
6. Difficulties of maintenance: The system of zinc rich primer paint must be thoroughly polished to the body of steel, which is difficult to maintain; while the system of zinc cold epoxy paint has good repainting performance and low requirement of repainting pretreatment.
7. Lifetime cost: The system of zinc rich primer paint can be repainted and maintained for many times in the whole life cycle, and the direct and indirect loss is large with high cost; while the system of zinc cold epoxy paint has the advantages of long-term anti-corrosion, avoids multiple maintenance. It also has good corrosion adaptability and construction as well as easy maintenance and low lifetime cost.